Source references from CIOCO2 Digital Assessment report:
- The ICT industry stands for approximately 10% of the European energy consumtion
- The ICT industry only used fossil free energy, we could lower our carbon footprint by 80%
- When producing a laptop weighing 2 kilo a total of 1200 kilos of waste is generated*
- Every year, 57 billion tons of e-waste, electronic trash, is produced and thrown away.
- Each day, an estimated 2,5 quintillions (2,5 * 10^30) bytes are created – sometimes never to be used again.